Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Youtube Videos - Use it for education

Don't just use youtube for fun and games.  Watch some of the educational videos on topics that can help you learn more.

I just finished watching a few youtube vids on speed reading.  Reading is a skill that is really useful.  Picking up your reading levels helps.  You want to get the information in as soon as possible.

One of the presenters on the video made a good point.  I am just getting started, but the topic was related to typing.  When you start up learning a new skill, you are not going to pick up speed because you are still in the learning phase.  Once you learn the basics and you put in the practice, your speed will improve.  

Youtube videos that are viral and funny are great, but you can also use it to build up more of your skills.  I am not just focusing on speed reading when it comes to training videos.  I also watched a bunch of videos on the python programming language.  It is a powerful programming language that can be added to your coding tool belt.  

Don't just think about youtube as entertainment.  Use it for learning something new.  There are lots of great videos on cool subjects that can expand your mind.  I am just getting started with the speed reading, but I want to get better and really improve my reading comprehension.  


No comments:

Post a Comment